How To Build & Fit A Victorian Corset (DVD Region 1)
The Two Hour Video Includes All of the Following:
* History of the Victorian corset and timeline of technical innovations
* How corsets were worn and correct fit explanation.
* Discussion of modern usage of corsetry techniques.
* Appropriate fabrics and how to prepare them; colors and trims.
* Complete explanation and demonstration of supplies and tools:
- Aglets, Awls
- Boning, Boning Tape
- Busks, Lacing, Lace Beading
- Grommets or Eyelets with Setting Tools
- Waist Reinforcement, Binding
* How to choose a size, make and use a fitting muslin, and achieve a good fit
* Demonstration of fitting muslins on live models
* Appropriate pattern alterations and how to make them
* Correct needle size, stitch length, and machine tension
* Detailed explanation and finished samples of every construction step
* Demonstration of final fitting and alteration adjustments
* How to lace the back and put a corset on without assistance
* Extensive list of corset and fastener supply sources
* Bibliography for more information or further study
**Note: The DVD is recorded in Region Code 1 which will play in the United States and Canada. International buyers must have a 'code free' DVD player to play this DVD. These players are available on the internet.