Making Beautiful Bras - The Book
It is 202 pages in length, contains 282 monochrome diagrams and 3 pages of color plates. It has a wire bound spine so that it may be folded back onto itself, using a minimum of space next to your sewing machine.
* An analysis of a well fitting bra and the components of a bra.
* Instructions for drafting your own individual bra pattern from your favorite bra.
* An explanation of all the basic sewing techniques that enable us to sew very professional looking bras on the humble sewing machine.
* General sewing instructions for "typical' underwired and non-underwired bras.
* Specific sewing instructions for six different styles of underwired bras.
*Specific sewing instructions for nine different styles of non-underwired bras.
* An analysis of the design and construction of a range of special bras: nursing bras, strapless bras, 'push-up' bras, long-line bras, bra body-suits, mastectomy bras, sports bras, minimizer bras, front opening bras and 'heavy duty' bras.
* Strategies to overcome some design and fit problems.
* A method for producing a cup pattern from a breast.